To hold any type of NFT or Crypto, your going to need a wallet. You will then need to setup & connect that wallet to the NFT trading platform OpenSea. For the sake of this guide, and to keep things as simple as possible, we’re going to be using a wallet called Metamask.
Since Metamask runs as a chrome browser extension, you’ll need to download chrome first. If you already have chrome running on your computer, you can skip this step.
Installing Google Chrome
- Use your computer’s browser to navigate to https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Click the blue “Download Chrome” button.
- Optional: Set Chrome as your default browser.
- Click the blue “Accept and Install” button.
- When prompted, save the installer to your machine.
- Run the installer (ChromeSetup).
- Go to the Metamask website: https://metamask.io/
- Click “Get Chrome Extension” to install Metamask.
- Click “Add to Chrome” in the upper right.
- Click “Add Extension” to complete the installation.
You will know Metamask has been installed when you see the fox logo on the upper right hand corner of your browser.
- Click on the Metamask logo in the upper right hand corner of your Google chrome browser.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions. You may have to agree to 2 to 3 pages worth of terms.
- Enter an account name, then password and click “Create” to create your wallet.
- IMPORTANT - You will see a set of 12 “seed words” for your vault. Click “Save Seed Words as File” and copy the “Metamask Seed Words” file that is downloaded to a safe place. You will need it to access your vault.
- Click “I’ve Copied It Somewhere Safe” once your seed words file has been secured. You’ll be taken into your Metamask wallet!
You will now be connected the Main Ethereum Network. Your wallet address will be displayed under your account name.
Since the Owely project was creating on Polygon, you’ll also need to setup Metamask for the Polygon (Matic Network)
Setup Metamask to connect to Matic Network
- Switch the connected blockchain by clicking on the tab saying Main Ethereum Network, we need to add the Matic network.
- Scroll down until you find Custom RPC.
- Enter in the Matic Mainnet settings as follows:
- Network Name: Polygon
- New RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- ChainID: 137
- Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
- Click Save.
You have now connected to the Polygon / Matic mainnet with your Metamask Wallet!
Creating an OpenSea account
Now that your wallet is installed, lets setup & connect the account on OpenSea
- Using Google Chrome, go to OpenSea.io, and head to the top right profile icon, select “Profile”
- You will then be prompted to connect your wallet. Select Metamask from the list. You will continue through multiple prompts, finishing with the connection screen. When you see “Connecting...” OpenSea to your wallet, you’re almost done.
- Your account will default to “Unnamed”, showing only your wallet address below. To personalize your account, select the gear icon on the right side of the screen. You will receive an extra security prompt, select “Sign” and you can begin updating your profile.
- Now you can customize your profile, including: username, bio, and email address. Your profile photo and cover banner can be customized on your account as well.
Now that everything is setup, you can begin collecting NFTs and Crypto!
How to Purchase an Owely
- Purchase on OpenSea.io. All Owely's have now been minted. You will now need to purchase on OpenSea.
- Never give your “seed words” to anyone. Keep this safe. Read more about this topic
- Gas fees. These fees fluctuate with network congestion, and aren’t controlled by Owely or any given person.
- If you wish to re-sell your Owely on the OpenSea platform, you’ll be require to pay some initial Account Registration fees, and a listing fee. These are fees all sellers need to pay. You can read more about these fees here.
I can be reached at email@example.com or join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/PmDvHhqRzr